School Health and Safety FAQs
We know that every parent has a multitude of questions regarding the return of students to campus for the 2020-2021 school year, even after looking over the Community Day School Reopening Plan. If you have not read the Plan, please begin there, as many of your questions may be answered in that comprehensive document. Together with our Reopening Medical Taskforce (referred to in this FAQ as the Taskforce), we identified many of the major questions a parent may have after going through the Plan. Should you still have additional questions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: this FAQ is subject to change based on the recommendations of our Reopening Medical Taskforce.
Last Update: Monday, January 11, 2021
- What happens if a child has an elevated temperature during a morning wellness check?
- Are siblings denied admittance to the Campus if one has an elevated temperature or symptoms when checked in the morning Carline?
- What are the exact specifications a child must meet to be denied admittance to the Campus or to be sent home?
- My child has allergies. Will she or he be sent home for a reaction?
- If someone in my child's class tests positive, what happens next?
- My child is positive for COVID-19. What do I do next?
- What is the quarantine timeline if someone living in my home is COVID-19 positive, but my child(ren) is/are not?
- One of my children is positive for COVID-19. Can their sibling still attend school?
- My child tested positive for COVID-19. When can she/he return to campus?
- What kind of PPE can I expect my child's teacher to wear?
- It's hot outdoors. Can my child remove their mask during outdoor learning?
- What is the plan for lunch/snack times, when students must remove masks to eat?
- My student's classroom has tables, not desks. How will distanced seating happen?
- Can my student refill their water bottle at a water fountain?
- Because there is no adaptive or remote learning for Preschool, what is the policy regarding mandatory quarantine or closure?