Health Policies and Procedures
The Community Day School Administrative Team, in consultation with experts from the Centers for Disease Control, Florida Department of Health, Florida Department of Children and Families, Sarasota Health Department, Florida Council of Independent Schools, and our own Reopening Medical Taskforce (comprised of local physicians who are also CDS parents), created this comprehensive Reopening Plan. Should you still have additional questions, please refer to the Reopening FAQ.
Please Note: this Plan is subject to change based on the recommendations of our Reopening Medical Taskforce.
Last Update: Tuesday, February 23, 2021
Please note that any student with a temperature over 99.5, a persistent cough, or runny nose + sneezing must meet the following criteria for a return to in-person, on-campus learning:
- Symptoms must have ceased for at least 24 hours without any fever-reducing or cough-suppressing medicine
- The student must have been evaluated by a physician and have a doctor's note clearing them for a return to school OR have a negative COVID-19 test taken after symptoms began.
- COVID-19 Individual Exposure Protocols
- Precautionary Quarantine vs. COVID-19 Positive Quarantine
- COVID-19 Symptom Decision Tree
- Notification Protocols for COVID-19 Positive
- Preschool COVID-19 Decision Tree
- K-8 COVID-19 Decision Tree
- Doctor's Note Policy
- Sanitizing Measures @ CDS
- CDS Commitment
- Tuition Breakdown
- Health and Safety @ CDS
- Student Drop-off and Pick-up Procedures
- Immunization Policy